Who we are
Our website address is: https://commandojoes.co.uk.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
We collect information about you during the registration, enrollment, and checkout processes on our site. When you register an account with us, we’ll ask you to provide information including your name, billing address, email address, phone number, credit card/payment details and optional account information like username and password. We’ll use this information for purposes, such as, to:
- Send you information about your account, orders, courses, and memberships
- Communicate with you about courses and memberships that you’re enrolled in
- Respond to your requests, including refunds and complaints
- Process payments and prevent fraud
- Set up your account for our site
- Comply with any legal obligations we have, such as calculating taxes
- Improve our site’s offerings
- Send you marketing messages, if you choose to receive them
When you create an account, we will store your name, address, email and phone number, which will be used to populate the enrolment and checkout for future purchases and enrolments.
We generally store information about you for as long as we need the information for the purposes for which we collect and use it, and we are not legally required to continue to keep it. For example, we will store order information for 3 years for tax and accounting purposes. This includes your name, email address and billing address.
Who on our team has access
Members of our team have access to the information you provide us. For example, both Administrators and Site Managers can access:
- Order information like what was purchased, when it was purchased and where it should be sent, and
- Customer information like your name, email address, and billing information.
Course and membership instructors can access your course progress and activities including:
- Enrollment dates for their courses and memberships
- Course progress and status information for their courses
- Quiz and assignments answers and grades for their courses
- Comments and reviews made on their memberships and courses
Our team members have access to this information to help fulfill orders, process refunds, and support you.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. YouTube videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
We use Google Analytics to allow us to count visits and traffic sources, perform customer surveys and other web analytics, so we can measure and improve the performance of our site. They help us know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site. The information these cookies collect is aggregated and in some instances limited identifiable data may be collected. Further information can be found here: policies.google.com/privacy
What rights you have over your data
You have rights in certain circumstances, under data protection laws in relation to your personal data. These rights include:
- Request access to your personal data (commonly known as a “data subject access request”).
- Request correction of the personal data that we hold about you.
- Request erasure of your personal data. When business have no good reason to continue processing data, this will enable you to remove/delete your personal data.
- Withdraw consent for any data we are processing, which requires your consent.
If you would like to exercise any of above mentioned rights, you can use the information in Contact section below.
How we protect your data
We have put in place appropriate security measures intended to prevent your personal data from being lost or from being altered, disclosed, used or accessed in an unauthorised way. We limit access to your personal data to those employees and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.