Happy Half Term! We can’t believe it’s Pancake Day, it’s crêped up on us.
We all have a go-to recipe here’s ours:
- 140g plain flour
- 200ml whole milk
- 2 eggs
- 25g unsalted butter, melted, plus a little extra for greasing
Step By Step:
- Sift the flour with a pinch of salt into a medium-size bowl and make a well in the middle.
- Mix the milk and 100ml of water together. Break the eggs into the well and start whisking slowly.
- Add the milk and water in a steady stream, whisking constantly and gradually mixing the flour as you do so.
- Whisk until the batter is smooth.
- Then whisk the melted butter into the batter.
- Heat the pan over a medium heat. Lightly grease the pan with melted butter. Pour roughly 2 tbsp of batter into the pan and swirl it around so the bottom of the pan is evenly coated.
- Cook the pancake for about 45 secs on one side until golden.
- Flip the pancake over and cook the other side for about 30 secs.
- Slide the pancake out of the pan and serve immediately.
What topping will you be adding to yours? You could add lemon and sugar for a classic crêpe, or Nutella with bananas and strawberries for a super chocolate treat. Or you could create a savoury pancake and make a full meal out of it, add ham and cheese and roll them up.
Share with us your at-home creations, we’d love to see! 🥞